Saturday, January 26, 2013

Spicy Sausage and Bean Soup

Spicy Sausage and Bean Soup!



This is one of my favorite soups! I make it at least twice a month for myself only! I freeze some of it too. You can add black beans, other veggies too. If you don't like spice then take out the Jalp's. You can add a little avocado and sour cream (i use Greek yogurt) on top. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! This is great if you are watching you calories too! 

Number of Servings: 9

Ingredients

1 Can Fat Free Re-fried Beans
1 Can Chicken Broth (I use Organic low sodium, only 15 calories per cup!) I will add a little more sometimes, especially when I am freezing it!
1 Can corn
1 Can black beans (sometimes I use the ones with jalapenos and lime for a different twist)
1 Can diced tomatoes
1 Pack of Louis Rich Turkey Sausage
1 small can of diced Jalapenos

Directions

Add all ingredients (Rinse the black beans if you use them, and put in a pot with the other ingredients.) Cook until re fried beans are no longer thick and soup is hot. Ladle some up and enjoy it today! Delicious!!

Nutritional Info (as above)
  • Servings Per Recipe: 9
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 162.1
  • Total Fat: 4.7 g
  • Cholesterol: 28.7 mg
  • Sodium: 809.5 mg
  • Total Carbs: 20.2 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
  • Protein: 11.3 g

No comments:

Post a Comment